Error when on Generate Screen

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:20 AM
I am using version 2.0.14.0 in VS 2015. Regardless of which pattern I use, when I get to the 'Generate' page, the button is disabled and there is a message at the bottom of the window that says: 'Can not get the project reference for...' and then shows the correct file path for the project file.

I can copy and paste the code, so it is not a complete show stopper, but if you have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Richard
Sep 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM
That does not happen for me.
What flavor of VS2015 are you using?
Is it happening for prior versions VS2008-VS2013?
Have you tried starting Visual studio as an administrator?
Let me know so I may be able to address it.
Sep 17, 2015 at 4:30 AM
Hi,

I figured out the problem. My solution name has spaces in it. When looking for the project reference, the Design Pattern Wizard is choking on those spaces.

I'll remove the spaces for now, it's easy enough, but given the fact that most every other tool that I use has no trouble with them, you might want to consider fixing this in a later release.\

Thanks,

Richard

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:46 AM
Nope, that wasn't it. Took out all spaces and still get a message that the project reference can't be found.

I'm on windows 10, Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise, running as administrator and I don't have prior versions of VS installed.

Sep 18, 2015 at 2:58 AM
I've just tried it in the same configuration and it works.
Is it failing for all patterns?
If not, probably you already have a file with the same name that can not be overridden in the same folder, or you can not write there.
Sep 18, 2015 at 5:10 AM
It seems to happen when the project is contained in a sub-folder of the solution folder. When I use it on a project at the top level of the solution's folder, it works just fine. For example: if the solution folder is C:\soluton and the project file is
in that folder it works. If the project file is in C:\solution\model, then it fails
Sep 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Thanks, you were right about the folder issue, I've just fixed it and uploaded it (same version).